Jason Grishkoff, SubmitHub, $50k/month
What is the product?
Allow musicians to connect with industry professionals.
What is its current revenue?
$50k a month.
What is the business model?
- Free/premium credit.
How did the founder come up with their idea?
- Found Indie Shuffle blog that features good indie music. Realized that the more content on the blog, the more traffic it attracted. Hence, pushed out 2-3 articles a day in the beginning then paid people to do so. Hit a point where there were 10 articles a day.
- Got attention from musicians themselves and started to connect with them to feature their music.
- Built SubmitHub for people to submit their requests instead of using emails.
- Later expanded to a service to help musicians with industry professionals.
How did they know it was the right one?
- He knew it when musicians contacted him and wanted to submit their music too.
What did it take to get the initial product out the door?
- Had to learn coding by himself.
- Had to talk to a lot of blogs and labels.
How did they get their first paying customers?
- Many musicians turned into customers.
Tagged: #early-days, #indiehackers